Do I need a study permit to study at a Canadian educational institution?
- Canadian colleges, universities, technical institutes and other educational institutions encourage applications from qualified international students. If you are going to study in Canada for more than six (6) months, you need a study permit.
How is the ranking of the Canadian institutes done?
- Most educational institutions in Canada are publicly funded and provide quality education with worldwide recognition and acceptance.There is no official or recognized ranking for educational institutions in Canada.
When are the intakes for Canada?
- For most universities the primary intake is in September / Fall Session. Few universities do allow r a January / Winter Session intake. For Colleges, there are usually 3 intakes in a year: September; January; May.
When can I start my admission procedure?
- It is very strongly recommended, for universities, Students should start prepare atleast 6 months before the intake.For colleges, students should prepare atleast 3 months before the intake.
Is IELTS compulsory for admission?
- Yes, It is not only compulsory for the admission process but also essential for the visa process.
What kind of funds do I need to show?
For more details check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp
- Student must satisfy a visa officer that he/she has sufficient funds available for your studies, including tuition, living costs and transportation, without working. It is highly recommended that student must provide verifiable documentary evidence of immediately available funds in a credible financial institution According to Citizenship and Immigration Canada guidelines, student will require approximately $10 000 Canadian per year, not including tuition fees, to cover your living expenses.
How many hours can I work while studying?
- 20 hours per week and full time during vacation.
Are there scholarships / loans available to international students?
- Since education is highly subsidized in Canada. There are very few scholarships at the undergraduate level. There are many more opportunities for scholarships at the graduate (MA) and post-graduate (PhD) level. Based on the performance universities do grant scholarships to the students
As an international students can I bring my dependent to Canada?
- Yes, Canada has very generous immigration policy, allowing dependents ( the spouse and minor children) to accompany international students to Canada to work and study.
What is the application process for the dependents ?
- An international student may bring his or her dependents to Canada by one of two routes.
- One option is student and dependent family members to submit their visa applications concurrently.
- Another option is for the student to wait until he/she has received a study permit, and then submit applications for his or her accompanying dependents.
When applying for a study permit, student must provide information about all family members that will be accompanying the student to Canada. In order for their application to be approved, the student and his or her family will have to demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to support their stay in Canada. In addition, applicants may be required to undergo a medical examination and submit Police Clearance Certificates and IELTS score.
As a student, you will require an additional $4 000 for the first dependent, and $3 000 for each subsequent dependent, in addition to return airfare.